FOUR FEMALE NIGERIAN PILGRIMS DECLARED MISSING IN MECCA AFTER THE CRANECRASH

Four female pilgrims from Gombe State have been declared missing following Friday’s Crane crash at the Holy Ka’aba Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
One other female pilgrim got injured during the incident.
The State Amirul-Hajj, Abdullahi Mai-Kano, disclosed this on Sunday while sympathising with the state’s pilgrims in Mecca over the mishap.
Mr. Mai-Kano said that the four pilgrims were from Akko, Dukku and Nafada local governments areas of the state.
He said the other faithful sustained injury in her head, but had been treated and discharged.
He said the four pilgrims were declared missing after a thorough verification and bed checking in the three houses accommodating the state’s pilgrims.

Earlier, the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, had confirmed that three Nigerian pilgrims sustained minor injuries in the crane crash.
The Chairman of the commission, Abdullahi Mukhtar, who made this known at a news conference in Abuja, said the victims were responding to treatments in the Holy land.
Mr. Mukhtar, who did not name the victims, however, said that two were from Kaduna and one from Gombe.
He expressed deep shock over the sad incident but assured that it would not affect this year’s exercise in any way.
Media report had said that107 people died and over 200 others injured in the incident.
“On the commission’s part, we have advised the various states pilgrims’ board not to allow their pilgrims to go close to the Grand Mosque for now.
“They have adhered strictly to our directive and it is yielding positive results,” he said.
Mr. Mukhtar also disclosed that 53,800 pilgrims had so far been transported to Saudi Arabia as at Saturday.
He promised that the remaining prospective pilgrims would be transported to the Holy land before the deadline of September 18.

Post a comment

0 Comments